October 2019 Group Course Schedule
Last updated: August 29th, 2019
October SAT Group(s) For 2019
Prep Zone Academy Rochester – 35 Rochester Drive, Rochester Mall, #02-05, Singapore 138639
Prep Zone Academy Springleaf – 3 Anson Road, Springleaf Tower, #08-03, Singapore 079909
Our SAT Group Course
Our most popular course is the SAT Group Course, featuring 8 Concept Classes (3.5 hours each) where students cover the entire SAT syllabus within 4 weeks. We have new SAT groups running every month. The SAT Group Course has morning and afternoon sessions available every Saturday and Sunday. Once signed up, students are also entitled to Practice & Review Sessions (4 hours each) leading up to the official SAT test dates.
28 hours worth of concept classes covering the entire SAT syllabus where students will learn all the fundamental concepts to build up their foundation. Students will gain a better understanding on how to apply the reading, writing, mathematical concepts & skills taught to real-world problems. Trainers will also discuss about the SAT scoring rubric and strategies to help them answer better & more effectively.
PRACTICE & REVIEW SESSIONS
Students will be given official SAT past year papers during these Practice & Review sessions. This will help students familiarise themselves with the test format & reinforce their understanding through timed practice sections for Math, Reading & Writing. This would be followed by the answer explanations.
Students are also allowed to re-attend a particular concept class twice to reinforce their knowledge on specific SAT topics. Students will never miss out any class, they can always make-up for it. Simply check with any Prep Zone staff for the next available date for the particular concept class they’ve missed.
3 Writing Concept Class
- Writing: Language Conventions – Punctuation (comma, colon, semicolon, apostrophe), Grammar (subject verb agreement, pronouns, verb tense)
- Writing: Expression of Ideas – Sentence structure (parallelism, modifiers), Improving an essay (logical sequence, precision, concision, syntax, transitions), Incorporating information from graphs & charts
- Writing: Essay – Prompt format, Essay Structure, Review of rhetorical devices, Sample essays
2 Reading Concept Class
- Reading: Comprehension 1 – Types of passages (passage length, content), Types of questions (main idea, tone, inference, evidence)
- Reading: Comprehension 2 – Types of passages (dual short & dual long), Passages with supplementary material
3 Math Concept Class
- Algebra – Manipulation of algebraic expressions, Factorisation, Exponents and Roots, Absolute value, Inequalities, Systems of linear equations, Quadratic equations, Functions, Complex numbers
- Word Problems & Statistics – Percentages, Ratio and proportion, Money problems, Interest rate, Travel rate, Work rate, Mean, Weighted averages, Median, Mode, Range, Standard deviation, Progressions, Probability, Samples and population, Confidence intervals, Statistical Models
- Geometry & Graphs – Lines and anges, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Polygons, Circles, Spheres, Cylinders, Cones, Rectangular solids, Cartesian distances, Gradient, Equations & equivalent representations, Reflections, Trigonometry, Mathematical models