Note: Lessons will be conducted online until further notice due to the government’s restriction
SAT Summer Intensive Course
July to August Group
Duration: July 27th - August 16th
8 Concept Classes (3h)
- 24 hours worth of concept classes where students will learn all the fundamental concepts to build up their foundation.
- Students will gain a better understanding on how to apply the reading, writing, mathematical concepts & skills taught to real-world problems.
- Trainers will also discuss about the SAT scoring rubric and strategies to help them answer better & more effectively.
- Each session lasts 3 hours, with a 15 minutes break in between.
- If you miss a session, contact a Prep Zone personnel to arrange for a free make-up session.
2 Tutorials (2h)
- Students will be attempting advanced-level questions under timed conditions & learn how to best tackle the questions effectively.
- Students can also clarify their doubts during these tutorial sessions.
2 Practice & Review Sessions (1.5h)
- During these sessions, students will be given SAT practice papers.
- This helps students to familiarise themselves with the test format & reinforce their understanding through timed practice sections for Math, Reading & Writing.
- This would be followed by the answer explanations with our SAT trainer.
Practice Tests (Schedule anytime)
- Students will be given access to SAT full-length practice tests and can come in during our operating hours to sit for the test.
- A score report will be generated immediately upon test completion.
Prep Zone Academy’s SAT Roadmap
- Collection of slides used in the group classes
SAT Reference Book
- 1500+ practice questions for you to attempt with detailed answer explanations
Complimentary College Admissions Consultation
- Gain exclusive advices from our admissions consultants
To maximise the effectiveness of the course, take at least 4-5 full-length practice tests throughout the course.
If you are struggling to increase your score, schedule a chat with a course consultant immediately to identify your weaknesses.
Concept Class Topics
- Writing: Language Conventions – Punctuation (comma, colon, semicolon, apostrophe), Grammar (subject verb agreement, pronouns, verb tense)
- Writing: Expression of Ideas – Sentence structure (parallelism, modifiers), Improving an essay (logical sequence, precision, concision, syntax, transitions), Incorporating information from graphs & charts
- Writing: Essay – Prompt format, Essay Structure, Review of rhetorical devices, Sample essays
- Reading: Types of Passages & Questions – Types of passages (passage length, content), Types of questions (main idea, tone, inference, evidence)
- Reading: Paired Passages & Informational Graphics – Types of passages (dual short & dual long), Passages with supplementary material
- Algebra – Manipulation of algebraic expressions, Factorisation, Exponents and Roots, Absolute value, Inequalities, Systems of linear equations, Quadratic equations, Functions, Complex numbers
- Word Problems & Statistics – Percentages, Ratio and proportion, Money problems, Interest rate, Travel rate, Work rate, Mean, Weighted averages, Median, Mode, Range, Standard deviation, Progressions, Probability, Samples and population, Confidence intervals, Statistical Models
- Geometry & Graphs – Lines and anges, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Polygons, Circles, Spheres, Cylinders, Cones, Rectangular solids, Cartesian distances, Gradient, Equations & equivalent representations, Reflections, Trigonometry, Mathematical models
- Reading: Types of Passages & Questions on July 27, 2020 10:00 am
- Math: Algebra on July 28, 2020 10:00 am
- Writing: Language Conventions on July 29, 2020 10:00 am
- Reading: Paired Passages & Informational Graphics on July 30, 2020 10:00 am
- Writing: Expression of Ideas on August 3, 2020 10:00 am
- Math: Word Problems and Statistics on August 4, 2020 10:00 am
- Writing: Essay on August 6, 2020 10:00 am
- Math: Geometry and Graphs on August 7, 2020 10:00 am
- Tutorial: Math on August 8, 2020 5:00 pm
- Tutorial: Reading and Writing on August 9, 2020 5:00 pm
- Review: Math on August 15, 2020 1:30 pm
- Review: Reading and Writing on August 16, 2020 11:30 am